You have recently completed a teeth whitening treatment, and the next challenge is to keep your teeth white at home. You don’t want your treatment to go to waste. Here, you will learn some helpful tips for keeping teeth white at home.
When completing teeth whitening treatment, there are many questions that patients answer regarding how long teeth stay white after treatment. Expect the dentist to say, “for as long as you can look after them”. When teeth are white, they stay white, but only if they’re looked after.
The Home Tips
Follow the below tips at home to keep your teeth white for the long-term:
- Develop A Positive Oral Routine Plan – The dentist will always recommend that you keep to a positive oral routine. The dentist may also create a routine plan to take home with you. This consists of tips to incorporate in your lifestyle so that your teeth get the best care they deserve.
Routine plans usually consist of:
- Brushing and flossing twice a day
- Recommending clear food options
- Rinsing your mouth after a heavy meal
- Avoiding sugary treats and candy
- Recommendations for using special fluoride toothpaste
- Schedule In Regular Appointments – This cannot be emphasised enough. The dentist is always best placed to determine the state of your teeth, such as if you’re in danger of infection or whether cavities are forming. Your teeth may even be perfectly healthy, but it is important to seek this from dentists. It’s recommended that regular check-ups are scheduled every six months.
- Reduce Your Alcohol and Smoking – Alcohol and smoking products degrade the colour of your teeth, leading to discoloration. If you’re a regular drinker or smoker, consider reducing your intake as it gives more chance of your teeth staying white for longer.
- Eat More Foods Rich With Calcium And Fibre – Foods that contain calcium and fibre are beneficial to the health and strength of teeth. Incorporate foods in your diets such as milk, cheese, broccoli, fruits and nuts. Resist the urge to snack on these frequently but incorporate them wherever possible in meals. On the odd occasion where you want to snack, rinse your mouth to remove any food particles.
Read more on appointments and costs of Teeth Whitening
Keeping teeth strong, healthy and shiny opens many opportunities in life. Infectious smiles demonstrate confidence, high self-esteem, and positive well-being. Incorporating the above tips in your lifestyle will go along way to keeping those pearly whites shiny for the long-term.