Dental Check-up and Clean
“Is it time for a visit to the dentist?”
Our bodies are important. We do our best to take care of them and visit the doctor regularly. So, why wouldn’t you do the same for your teeth and gums?
Too many people fail to realize the importance of regular dental check ups. By seeing your dentist twice a year, you put your oral health first. Regular visits keep your smile looking great and prevent serious problems from occurring.
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, it’s not too late. Call today to schedule your dental check up in Pennant Hills. Our Hills Dental team is eager to help you prioritize your oral health.
Why Regular Dental Check Ups Are Important
People have lots of reasons why they don’t go to the dentist. Some claim to be too busy. Others think they just don’t need to. Still others just don’t want to.
But, once you realize how important check ups are, you’ll find the time and motivation to go. Here are some of the most compelling reasons to visit a dentist regularly:
- They improve your smile. Through scale-and-polish treatment, we remove stubborn stains that you can’t get on your own.
- They reduce the chances of cavities. Professional cleanings help reduce bacteria and, therefore, your chance of developing cavities.
- They prevent serious problems from occurring later on. Regular evaluations allow us to catch signs of gum disease before it’s too late. This will preserve your smile and prevent you from having to undergo extensive, expensive procedures later on.
- They promote long-term oral health. During visits, we give you hygiene recommendations and empower you to take charge of your oral health.
- They promote your overall health. Your oral health and overall health are closely related. By taking care of your oral health, you can prevent heart disease, strokes, etc.
What a Dental Check Up in Pennant Hills Looks Like
Here’s what a typical dental check up in Pennant Hills looks like:
At the beginning of the appointment, Dr Poornima Srinivas will examine your mouth. Your examination will include a cancer check, jaw check, ENT check, gum and teeth check. You will also be asked about your life style to guide you to a better oral health. They’ll make note of any issues and, in most cases, will recommend X-rays. They’ll use their observations to make recommendations. They may suggest slight changes to your diet and/or hygiene routine.
Then, your hygienist will conduct a professional cleaning. They’ll use a special fluoride to remove plaque and stains you can’t get rid of on your own. The appointment should last around 30 minutes.
Frequency Asked Questions
Experts say that you should go in for a check up every six months This is a good rule of thumb.
However, everyone is different. You may need to go more often if, say, you are a young or elderly patient. You may be able to go less often if you have a low risk of developing oral diseases.
Ultimately, it boils down to your oral health. Talk to your dentist to learn how often you should get check ups.
While they will vary based on your oral health, typical recommendations include:
- Brush and floss twice daily
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Reduce smoking habits
- Reduce sugar intake
- Eat foods rich in vitamins and fibre
Regular check ups are important for all ages. We offer services for children, adults, and seniors. Book your appointment today!
Why Choose Us for a Dental Check Up in Pennant Hills?
At every visit, our team gives you the attention you deserve. We do thorough evaluations and cleanings to ensure we don’t miss anything. And, based on our observations, we will provide hygiene recommendations catered to your oral health.
Some patients experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. We recognize this and do everything we can to make you feel at ease. Our comfortable amenities and relaxing atmosphere ensure you have a positive experience.
Friendly, Experienced Staff
Our hygienists use their years of experience to provide you with the best treatment possible. We conduct professional cleanings and offer expert recommendations for your oral health. We’re also caring, friendly, and eager to answer your questions.
Take Charge of Your Oral Health
Take charge of your oral health by calling us today. We’ll schedule your dental check up in Pennant Hills and get you into the office ASAP.