There are a variety of materials available for dental veneer treatments. Because teeth wear down naturally due to ageing, they can become vulnerable to damage, chips, and cracks at any time. These issues lead to a degrading appearance, a lack of self-confidence in your smile and lead to greater oral health issues.
The materials available in dental clinics include porcelain and composite veneers. Both types of dental veneers offer different needs and benefits. However, the material considered more beneficial to transform the look and feel of your smile is Porcelain.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Here are the other benefits you can enjoy with Porcelain Veneers:
- Porcelain Results Are Longer-Lasting – If porcelain veneers are well maintained with a healthy lifestyle and good oral habits, they can last for up to between 10 and 20 years. Other veneer materials such as composite resin require more maintenance as they’re more susceptible to chips and cracks. Porcelain is durable and only requires natural maintenance, such as brushing and flossing regularly.
- Proportional and Natural Fit – Porcelain veneers are more of a natural fit to neighbouring teeth. If teeth are misaligned, porcelain moulds from existing teeth. This proportionately fits the shape and size of your natural teeth for a natural smile.
- Porcelain Is More Stain Resistant – Porcelain particularly benefits discoloured teeth. It’s also stain-resistant, meaning it is difficult for Porcelain to accumulate stains when they’re fitted. Composite veneers can discolour faster than Porcelain. Prolonging exposure to dark solids and liquids can stain veneers over time.
- Better Results Leads To More Confidence – Results from Porcelain veneers are long-lasting, leading to more self-confidence when smiling. The good thing about porcelain veneers is that porcelain veneers are unnoticeable in public, meaning nobody can tell the difference, leading to increased confidence.
- Porcelain Preserves Enamel – Porcelain veneers do not require a large size-portion of enamel. There are veneer treatments available that don’t require enamel to be removed. However, removing enamel is beneficial for a few reasons; it makes teeth less bulky and it helps with the shape and mould of the veneer to keep your smile natural.
Are you eligible for dental veneers? Find out here!
Our Final Words…
Porcelain veneers are likely to be recommended for appropriate veneer treatment if oral health is healthy enough. Porcelain is more beneficial to cover any of those niggling blemishes on your teeth. Not only do they cover stains, but they also protect chips and cracks from becoming further damaged. You can smile without the worry about any future problems to your natural teeth in the future.
If you’re looking for a restorative treatment that restores your natural smile, dental veneers could be right for you. Hills Dental Design is ready to restore your natural smile instantly. Click here to contact us now!