It is recommended that you book your child into their first dental appointment immediately once their first tooth grows. Because this is the start of their dental journey, it is essential that your child adopts the required dental habits in order to keep their teeth and gums healthy. Early check-ups to the dentist keep your teeth free of decay and cavities.
Pediatric Dentistry is one of the multiple child dental treatments that we at Hills Dental Group have available. Understandably, your child’s first dental appointment can be a daunting experience. However, the sooner your child is on board their dental journey, the healthier their mouths will remain throughout their lives, developing their confidence to smile every day.
AVOID THE DANGERS! –Children’s oral health is put at risk by not knowing the facts about kids’ dental care. Knowledge of not understanding the dangers of poor oral health can lead to early cavity and decay that also causes discomfort and stained and damaged teeth, leading to low confidence, lack of smiles, slow speech progression and permanent oral damage.
If your child is suffering from poor oral health, contact Hills Dental Group immediately so we can fit your child in for an assessment. Click here now!
Here are the 5 key reasons why you should take your child to the dentist regularly:
- Promote Oral Health at An Early Age – Baby teeth are the foundation for the growth of adult teeth. Addressing any oral problems early removes any buildup of plaque or tartar and bacteria forming within the gums and teeth. Identifying neglecting cavities damages tooth structure. Visiting the dentist early improves the state of your child’s teeth and ensures the growth of teeth is healthy and straight. Regular check-ups also help to monitor your child for signs of neglected teeth.
- Teaching Your Child the Value of Good Oral Health – Teaching your child the importance of proper oral hygiene is a great opportunity to alleviate their fear of their first appointment. As the parent, it gives you a unique opportunity to talk to them about why keeping your teeth healthy is so important. They will also stay happy and healthy.
- Better Bite Development and Speech Impediment – The mouth structure must work together to produce a clear, crystal sound when talking. Oral health is critical for speech impediment because children that suffer from malocclusion have difficulty pronouncing dental sounds and experience distortion in speaking patterns. With normal tooth alignment, your child’s tooth will grow straight, and the sound will develop perfectly.
- Build Up Your Child’s Comfort at The Dentist – It is recommended that your child visits the dentist a minimum twice a year. Improving your child’s confidence level reduces their fear and anxiety, which would lead to happier visits. Not only that, as a parent, your stress will also reduce knowing that your child is happy to visit the dentist.
- Get Ready to Keep Smiling – The healthier your child’s mouth is, the happier the patient and the brighter their smile. Your child’s dental journey should always begin and end with a bright and cheerful smile.`
Children bless the world with their big and beaming smiles. Dentists are experienced in making sure your child’s first appointment is as comfortable, fun and happy as possible as soon as they step one foot in the door of a dental practice. The last thing you want is your child to grow up with oral health complications, and the dangers of this are large. If your child is clear on why oral health is important, expect them to carry out long-lasting care through to their adult years.
If your child is ready to begin their dental journey, contact us at Hills Dental Design and let us begin your child’s happy and healthy dental journey!