Tooth loss is a common occurrence for many reasons. When you lose a tooth, the normal functioning of the mouth can become difficult. This means activities such as talking, eating and smiling can be awkward and uncomfortable. In the past, dentures and bridges were the standard dentistry options available to help plug gaps resulted from tooth loss.
Today, because of advanced dental technology, a wide range of restorative dentistry treatments allows for better restoration of your smile if a tooth is removed. Dental Implants is a natural restorative solution catered for those suffering from tooth loss. It restores your smile and restores confidence and self-esteem. With tooth loss, there are many adverse effects on oral health. It is best to replace missing teeth as soon as possible.
Pros and Cons
Before choosing dental implant treatment, you should be knowledgeable about them before pressing forward. Here are the pros and cons of dental implant treatment:
- It Delivers An Aesthetically-Pleasing Appearance – Dental Implant plugs into the gap and is shaded to match your natural teeth to make way for a shiny smile. Implants won’t look or feel different from your natural teeth.
- Restores Natural Functioning Of The Mouth – Dentures and Bridges will require you to adjust the way you eat and chew, which can be uncomfortable. Dental implants restore your natural functioning to help you eat and chew naturally.
- It Prevents Bone Loss – With a lack of bone density and strength, your teeth begin to weaken, rot and disintegrate. A stimulated jaw bone encourages strength to your teeth and keeps your jaw bone strong.
- They’re Low Maintenance – Adopt positive oral hygiene and good oral habits to keep the dental implant healthy and strong. Naturally follow habit and hygiene recommendations just as you would carry out for your natural teeth.
- Treatment Can Take Time – Don’t expect dental implant treatment to be fast. The implant procedure is spread across multiple treatments.
- Dental Implants Are Expensive – A single implant can cost in the region of $2000. It is not cheap, and you must be comfortable that implant treatment is right for you.
- Dental Implants Is Not One-Fit-For All – There are pre-requisites that your oral health must adhere to, to be eligible for a dental implant. For example, there must be enough bone density, and you’re not eligible if you’ve suffered or are suffering from and infection or diseases.
- Dental Implant Requires Surgery – Dental implant treatment is a surgical procedure. Commonly, sedation therapy would be administered. The purpose is to perform surgery to replace the damaged tooth root with a titanium screw infused into the jawbone. This will help preserve the strength of bone density, also known as osseointegration.
Do you have veneers fitted? Read here on what foods you should avoid eating
Our Final Words
There is no doubt that dental implants help to reduce normality and naturality in your smile. With the promise of an implant being durable for many years, it is worth the cost and ensures you can chew and speak confidently without having to adjust in any way.
If you’re looking to restore naturality in your smile with dental implant treatment, Hills Dental Design is ready to book you in. Click here to contact us now!