White shiny teeth are often a source of confidence when smiling. Everyone wishes for this. However, it is not always achievable.
There are numerous cosmetic treatments available now that can whiten teeth. One of these aesthetic options is Dental Veneers. Dental veneers, dubbed “the Hollywood smile”, are a permanent and long-lasting treatment for covering chips, fissures, and discoloured teeth. Dental veneers are divided into two types: composite veneers and porcelain veneers.
You will have naturally heard about porcelain veneers more than composite veneers because of their outstanding benefits to your smile. Although porcelain veneers are not the cheapest, patients would naturally seek cheaper alternative treatments.
Have you considered composite veneers? Composite veneers are an alternative to porcelain that can also correct a whole host of issues that are causing you to be more self-conscious about the smile you would like.
So, are composite veneers worth it? Well, we break down this question to help you decide for yourself!
What Are Composite Veneers?
Composite veneers, also known as composite bonding, are made of a coloured resin material that is put bonded directly to your teeth without removing any enamel. They’re minimally invasive and are affixed to the outer-tooth surface of your teeth.
They’re designed to hide any defects in your teeth, like chips and fissures, just like porcelain.
What Is Composite Resin Material, And How Does It Work?
Composite resin is a minimally-invasive paste that is sculpted to a certain shape that matches your natural teeth and fits perfectly on top of your natural tooth to correct those imperfections. Once the resin is applied, it is hardened with a special light and polished.
What Are Composite Veneers Useful For?
If you’ve chipped edges, stained teeth and gaps, composite veneers are an affordable choice to hide these imperfections.
How Long Do Composite Veneers Last?
Composite veneers do not last as long as porcelain veneers. However, their affordability means that you’re looking at a maximum of seven years shelf life. The additional benefit of composite veneers is that they can be easily repaired. Porcelain veneers cannot be repaired. Its shelf-life depends on how well you look after your teeth with a strong oral hygiene routine.
How Much Do Composite Veneers Cost?
Composite veneers are less expensive than porcelain veneers. The cost of composite veneers for a single tooth can start at $500. Because this isn’t a one-size-fits-all price, some factors can influence the price. As a result, you’ll need to talk to your dentist about the additional issues that could raise the price.
Why Should I Choose Composite Veneers?
To help you understand whether composite veneers are worth it, here are the benefits you can enjoy:
- Cost – The economic advantage of composite veneers over Porcelain is maybe the most significant. Porcelain veneers can be more expensive than their composite counterparts in most cases. It is recommended that you consult your dentist about it to know precisely what you’re getting for your money.
- Same Day Treatment – Composite veneers can be applied on the same day. They are moulded onto your teeth rather than being created in a lab off-site. This ‘tooth shaped’ resin is placed directly on teeth and then moulded and shaped by the dentist who is treating you. It’s then cured using high-intensity light, and further layers of resin can be added if necessary until the ideal aesthetics are attained. After the resin has been placed, it must be polished to resemble a genuine tooth.
- Less Invasive – The method of placing composite veneers on the teeth is a less surgical form of treatment. The composite veneer operation is also considerably faster than applying porcelain veneers.
- They Can Be Removed Or Replaced – The fact that composite veneers are reversible is maybe the other major benefit. Because these veneers require less tooth preparation, they are not permanently altered in the first instance. If the composite needs to be replaced or removed, this can be done as needed.
Answering the question of whether composite veneers are worth it ultimately depends on a few factors.
- Affordability – Can you afford composite veneers?
- Oral Health Issues – Does your smile need a touch up to return your smiling confidence?
Composite veneers are great for niggling imperfections that you want to remove. The benefits outweigh the cost, and you’ll have a smile ready within hours!